Saturday, January 24, 2009

Step Circuit 2009

A few years ago, I used to regularly take a step class at the YMCA. I did this three times a week , plus a spinning class. Then I got out of the groove. Well, recently, I've been trying to get my exercise groove back. I returned to the step class. I am out of shape for that. Here it is Saturday, and I am still sore (though not nearly as much as I had been) from what I did on Tuesday and Wednesday.

I have read a million places about Traineo, a fitness and weight loss community. I am also looking at that. The thing that appeals to me about products like these is that there is a visual documentation of the steps that you are taking to achieve your goal.

Once, I maintained an Excel spreadsheet that kept track of what weight I was losing. I created a chart that showed my progress. This had been a helpful tool. What the above things offer me is a fuller picture. For example, Traineo want's to know just what physical activity I've done today and I am itching to put something up there.

It took a lot of discipline Tuesday and Wednesday to wake up before 6:00 to get myself to that class, but I feel good about my choice.

No comments: